Center for Remote Sensing and Monitoring of Natural Resources
- Educational and research activities in the field of remote sensing of the Earth (hereinafter referred to as RS) and monitoring of natural resources from space, development of methods and technologies for processing RS data, and the creation of geographical information systems (hereinafter referred to as GIS).
- Development of innovative methods and technologies for solving applied problems using RS data and GIS.
- Dissemination of the results of research and development resulting from the activities of the Center.
- Involvement of scientific, pedagogical and other employees of RUDN University, postgraduates and students of RUDN University in the activities of the Center.
- Promoting the development of international educational and scientific cooperation of the RUDN University in the areas of the Center.
- Implementation of training programs in the field of remote sensing and monitoring of natural resources, development of methods and technologies for processing remote sensing data, the creation of GIS.
- Fundamental, applied and exploratory research, expertises and consultations on the Center’s activities.
- Preparation of teaching materials, scientific reports, articles and other publications containing the results of the Center activities.
- Cooperation with leading Russian and foreign scientific and educational institutions in the areas of the Center’s activities in the established manner.